Samsung Galaxy S5 is the fifth smartphone released by Samsung under its flagship smartphone series. With the introduction of every updated version company add some extra and improved features in every variant with a comparatively extended price tag over the previews version. Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with more advanced features over its previous version like Samsung galaxy s, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S53 and Galaxy S4.
So this time Samsung Galaxy S5 also comes with the updated features over its previous version Samsung Galaxy S4. But the buyers are really curious to know why they should buy the smartphone or not ? For this we have to look the advantages and disadvantages of Samsung Galaxy S5.
- 1 Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2 A brief comparison between Samsung Galaxy s4 and Galaxy S5
- 3 Reason that push you to buy Samsung Galaxy S5
- 4 Main Drawbacks of Samsung Galaxy S5
- 5 Another recommended smartphone over 50 K : LG G Pro 2 –
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy S5 features to a Super AMOLED 5.1 inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- The device has packed with a powerful 2.5 GHz octa core processor for fast and massive performance
- It has 2 GB Random Access Memory (RAM)
- The buyers can get two storage memory option of the device one with 16 GB and another with 32 GB
- A memory card for memory expansion upto 128 GB
- The smartphone has powered by latest version Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
- The connectivity option of Galaxy S5 include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB 3.0, IR remote, and NFC
- It has equipped with a 16 megapixel rear camera with LED flash and auto focus
- A 2 megapixel front camera is really appreciable for self capturing and video calling
- The smartphone comes with various kind of sensors gyro, proximity sensor, RGB ambient light, heart rate sensor, compass.
- The smartphone camera consist great quality that enable the users to capture high-definition images.
- Powered by a powerful battery 2800mAh which is quite awesome
- Like other Samsung smartphone the problem of battery overheating will not found in Samsung Galaxy S5
- Lack of Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) in the rear camera is a biggest disadvantage of Samsung galaxy S5 while the other companies will provide this feature in their smartphone.
- The Galaxy s5 is assuming to be better performing smartphone having improved processor and GPU than its predecessors.
- The presence of 2 GB RAM and 2.5GHz processor doesn’t confirm the smartphone will give you the best performance there is a lack somewhere.
- The rumors stating the smartphone will priced over 50 K which could be a cons factor of galaxy S5.
- The smartphone consists same hardware specs as we already seen in previous galaxy devices like plastic feel, so not impressive in this high budget.
Reason that push you to buy Samsung Galaxy S5
If we compare the Samsung Galaxy S5 with other Galaxy smartphone the company added a lot of advanced features in it like fingerprint scanner, heart rate monitor, dust and water resistance, more powerful and extra battery life. So have a look on the main advantages of Samsung Galaxy S5
1. Water and dust proof Design
As per the company Samsung Galaxy S5is is IP67 certified that means if we drop the phone in upto 3 feet depth of water for 30 minutes it will not damage that means it is waterproof designed smartphone. while this feature we have not found in previous galaxy Smartphone.
2. Extra and powerful Battery Life
The second reason to buy Samsung Galaxy S5 is its powerful battery life that is 2,800 mAh removable battery. The phone battery claims to provide a 12-hour lifespan which means 10 hours for Web browsing or 12 hours of video playback time. The Galaxy S5 batter life is 20 percent extra than its previous versions. apart from the increased battery life the phone also have energy-saver mode which helps to extend the battery life.
3. Fingerprint Scanner and Heart Rate Monitor
The introduction of fingerprints scanner in Samsung Galaxy S5 is really an impressive feature that enhance the security of smartphone. This technology allows the users to register their fingerprints so users can use those fingerprints in place of a 4-digit lock code, so its really good security factor. The heart rate monitor will help the users to monitor their health and fitness goals by attaching it to the LED flash with the help of Samsung’s S-Health app.
4. The smartphone has good quality camera that enable the users to capture high-definition images even in low light conditions
5. The battery overheating issues will not found in this smartphone like previous galaxy smartphone.
6. Good performance as compared to the prevoius smartphones with improved processor and GPU
Main Drawbacks of Samsung Galaxy S5
1. Can damaged in water
Samsung claims Samsung galaxy S5 can’t be damaged if we drop it in 3 feet of water upto 30 minute but unfortunately this fact is not right completely. The various users of Samsung Galaxy and experiment reported it’s not true the phone get damaged surely in this time period and it is obvious the normal user will not do this experiment with their Galaxy S5 due to fear of get damaged after spending a hug sum of money.
2. Slow Camera and lack of OIS
There is no doubt Samsung Galaxy S5 equipped with good pixel camera but the news comes from users that the camera is very slow and take a while in opening, processing and capturing images. There is no Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) in the rear camera while the other companies is expecting to launch this feature in their coming devices.
3. Lack of download booster
When company launch the device it said that the Galaxy s5 will come with Download Booster feature which allows the users fast downloading of files while using Wi-Fi and LTE together. But now the users of the device stating that the Galaxy s5 has no Download Booster.
4. Ordinary design
Samsung has stick with its old galaxy designs which gives a plastic feel no improvement in design we will see in Samsung galaxy S5. Why Samsung do not use different design build like metallic always use the plastic build design in the high end smartphones. So here we must say the Galaxy S5 design not so attractive and impressive.
5. High price tag
The Samsung Galaxy S5 has priced over INR 50 K which is the main drawback of the smartphone. Company must reduce the price tag of Galaxy S5 as seeing the competitive smartphone like Sony Xperia Z5, iPhone 5S.
6. Software problem
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is the improved version Galaxy S4 comes with offers an upgraded version OS Android Kitkat but that not means the users will get able to run multiple apps at a fast speed without slow down in performance. We can say the smartphone comes with little software improvement but chances of lack in performance somewhere in the device is still exist.
LG G Pro 2 having features like – 5.9-inch full-HD IPS display, 13 MP rear camera, 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera, 3200 mah battery, Android 4.4 KitKat OS, 2.26GHz with an Adreno 330 GPU and 3GB of RAM.
In last after analyzing the device pros and cons it will be good to say that Samsung Galaxy S5 comes with various improvisations over its predecessors but it can be improvised more in some of areas like camera, design, performance and a lot of other. The existence of fingerprint scanner and heart rate monitor will help the Samsung Galaxy S5 to compete with its rivals upto a limit but overall hardware and software design is not so attractive.
So before investing the large amount in Samsung Galaxy s5 please analyse the specs, pros and cons of the smartphone and think the smartphone is worth or not in this price tag.